Saturday, September 09, 2006

Relief

It wasn't too long ago that I realized that I had some serious issues built up inside of me with my mom. They affected the way I felt toward her and probably even the way I felt toward other people. It's funny, kind of a God thing that all this has come up. It first came out when i was talking about it to one of my good friends. Then, it came back up whenever I would do ministry. It would come into my mind that I needed to talk to her about it. Then, I was in my conflict management and resolution class and they were talking about how we need to go to our "brother" (in the text) whenever he has done something wrong. This pressed me even further to go talk to my mom.

Well, I was lying down on the couch in here (my house) after coming home from a good friends house (and a party for another one of my great friends, his bro). I sat here and just wanted to rest, but God brought it up on my heart to go talk to her about it. ... Did I go? um... not really. I was tired so I decided that I would do it later.

Aha... but then God did His stuff and she called me in there to talk to her about something else. Afterwards, I was lying on her bed while she was in her rocking chair reading. I feel God poking me on the inside telling me to talk to her about it. So, I went for it. And we ended up talking about different stuff that has happened and how it made me feel and stuff. She explained the reasons why certain stuff was the way it was on her end.

I just wanted to say Praise God!! Praise Jesus!! Because it really did feel good to be able to talk about it with her. The issues that I have are coming to a resolution because God pushed me to resolve the issue with her. I would encourage you guys, if you have an issue with someone, go to them and in honesty, not acting out of bitterness or anger, talk about it and try to get it worked out. It really feels good afterwards. And now, I feel that I am free to love, finally, if that makes any sense. Thats the feeling I get anyways... Jesus rocks!!!! :-D!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! Lata peeps! ;)

2 comments:

Jeff Rodriguez said...

I'm glad you could talk to your mom and be free to love. It's always hard to talk about stuff with people even though in the end, you almost always feel better.

Tag Hartman said...

This is nice. I'm not big in God (although religion is awesome as hell, as long as it isn't starting crazy crusades and getting millions of people killed, and instead making people love one another and such and so...), but it's nice to see somebody incorporate it into a blog without sound like he's being preachy. Instead, you explain your daily life as though God is with you alwasy (which I find to be the prevalent belief with some people, and that is comforting to hear).

This entry about your mother was terse and vague, but it was enough that it could be interperted in a myriad of ways. I admire that. It's nice to see somebody do something about their predicament and feel better about it in the end. So often the internet is used as a medium for whining about shitty positions. Hell, I do too. Very nice!

- - -