Sunday, September 10, 2006

My heart

I remember something about a while ago that bled through my heart today. One of my friends let me borrow one of their cd's. We were thinking about trading hers for one of mine and stuff. Well, I popped it into the cd player and listened. It was Michael W. Smith's "Worship Again" album. As I listened to the tracks play, my heart began to ache, it began to flicker, it came alive again. For a moment my heart was back, seeing the greatness of worshipping God.

I saw my heart again today!

I searched for it, hoping perhaps that I would find it elsewhere, but there is nowhere else where my heart can feel at home than at the feet of Jesus, worshipping. God has created me to be a worshipper. The heart of me is worshipping God. He is that life, He is the One who makes my heart jump and skip a beat, coming alive again. Only in His arms can I feel the way He makes me feel. I don't know why I ever wandered away. It's easy to wander. It's hard to come home. I wanna be home. I need You Jesus. I can't do without You. My heart has been so dead over the past year and a half. There have only been glimpses of You that made my heart stir. Now I feel it stirring more and more and God I need You! God I want You! Can I have You Lord? I need You so bad. Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy... Kirie Elihizon, Christe Elehizon... In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

- - -