Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ok... so I am going at it again.

Alright. I haven't exactly been very consistant with this whole blogging thing. In fact, I don't think that I have been consistant with a lot of things in my life. Discipline is one of those things that is both desired and makes me cringe because of how hard it is for me to have. I think that a lot of the problems in my life are boiled down to just that, lack of discipline. If I think about it it is a lack of discipline that has caused my continuious failings, being that I fail through letting my passions control me, instead of me controlling them. That is exactly what discipline is all about. You control the desires and passions that you have. They don't control you. If I am disciplined in doing my homework then I would go contrary to my natural inclination to put it off. I would control myself instead of letting my desire to lay down and snooze or do something else (which my passions are ok with).

I think that in a way it is tied into what God said to Cain in Genesis 4:7 where it talks about sins desire to control and how Cain should control it. At least it reminds me some of that passage. Sigh.

So, yes. I am beginning to write in here again, hopefully to keep it up. In an effort to do so I have made blogger my homepage so that everytime i go onto the internet there is it! -- waiting for me to log in and write. So yeah, here goes. Hopefully I am going to be more disciplined, and maybe being more disciplined in this one area of my life will help to rub off on other parts of my life. Please Jesus, help me to do Your will and to become more like that man that You desire for me to be. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

- - -